How to Show/Hide Home Page Blocks
Control what gets seen on your home page.
You need to make sure you have the correct set up and that you can login to the admin panel.
1. Login to your admin panel.
2. Go to Builders
3. Click on Homepage Builder
You will see two areas. Active Items and the top and All Items just below that. You can drag and drop items between the two areas.
How To Drag an Item
You can drag an item by:
1. Place your mouse cursor over an item. Make sure it is not over the text but an area that is not occupied by the item description text. your mouse cursor should turn into a directional cursor. It looks like 4 arrow pointing in each cardinal direction.
2. Press the left mouse button and drag. You will notice the item can be dragged anywhere on screen.
3. Drag the item to your target area.
Active Items relates to the items that are "live" on the home page. For example, if you have News, Photo Gallery, Blogs and Login under the Active Items areas, then it will show up on the home page. If you were to take out any one of the items mentioned by dragging it to the All Items areas, then it will reflect on the home page. It will no longer appear.
All Items relate to the items that are not "live" on the home page. You can hide anyone of the active items simply by dragging the item to this areas. Conversely, you can activate an item by dragging it to the Active items areas.
By clicking on the item text it will activate a form where you can place custom properites if the item is editable. This includes:
System Name - what you want to call it in the ITEMS listing (for example Feedback)
Language Key - for example _Feedback
Default Name - for example Feedback
URL - the location of the link
Target Window - whether it opens up a New window or the the link goes to the same window.
Visible - choose whether this link is visible to either Guest or Member or both.