How to Set up a Dolphin Template
The default template in Dolphin is called "uni". It is a collection of files ranging from CSS, HTML, PHP and images files. Those files all work together to make a template set. Those files are contained in a folder named tmpl_uni. This folder can be found in the templates folder.
Here are the production steps to do this:
1. It would be good to take a peek at the files to get familiar with how they all interact with one another and how they can affect the display of your Dolphin site. Pick through them and test out how they work with the site functions. Once you've done that, try modifying an existing template and see how it turns out.
2. Once you've designed your files, name your template folder, rename it in this format:
3. For example, I am making a template called tmpl_tadeo1. My folder name would be tmpl_tadeo1. That would be the template for my own site.
4. You then need to open up the BxTemplName.php file. You will see this on line 21
5. We need to change that to the name of your folder without the "tmpl_" prepend. So in our case, we would put this:
And finally, you need to open up the BxTemplConfig.php file and update the location of the template file. One or about line 38 you will see:
// path to the images used in the template
$site['images'] = "templates/tmpl_uni/images/";
$site['zodiac'] = "templates/tmpl_uni/images/zodiac/";
$site['icons'] = $site['url'] . "templates/tmpl_uni/images/icons/";
$site['css_dir'] = "templates/tmpl_uni/css/";
$site['smiles'] = $site['smiles'] . 'default/';
Replace the "tmpl_uni" with your own template name.
6. Once that's done, upload the files in the templates folder of your site. Then login to the admin panel.
Go to Settings > Advanced Settings
Near the bottom of the list, you'll see a pulldown menu. Your template will show up there. Select it and save.
When you go to your live site you will see your template being applied. Just make sure you reload the page.